Countdown to saturday: I'm so excited!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugarbread

English Angora Momma
Reaction score
So I have always loved Tans, and they are pretty hard to find around here, I think there is one breeder in Ontario, in Southwestern Ontario anyways. I seen them at a show in Mohawk Valley, NY. when I was 16, my dad drove me out to get my Mini Lops.

The Tans were all pressed up against the top of their carriers, just wanting nose rubs, or to be free I guess, LOL! But I really liked them.

SO ANYWAYS.. I found a buck right near by that I am adopting this Saturday, he's coming from the only breeder in the area, and she's fairly new to Tans, from what I can tell, but she seems like a lovely lady, she's giving him to me for free, and going to bring him to me, as I don't drive. She's not using him in her breeding program cause he's only got one nut, lol! She wants him to go to a rabbit experienced owner, and I've had bunnies for ten years now, so she said she prefers that he goes to me.

He will be the oddball of the bunch, I love my English Angoras, but he's just too cute, here's a pic from the breeder. I get him on Saturday!

:innocent

I believe they come in lilac, blue, chocolate and black, with tan markings of course. They are gorgeous rabbits. I cannot wait to bring him home. He's the complete opposite of my English Angoras, lol!

Honestly, I would love to raise them one day, they are a breed I have never had. I love how shiny and sleek they are!

Gasp! Gorgeous!

I feel the same way about English Lops and just big, gentle rabbits in general. My plan was to rescue, but one of my critter friends ended up with a pair of English Lops and she bred them. She ended up with more bucks than she needed, and I swooped in. She gave him to me really cheap with his pedigree, which mattered none since I had no intention of breeding. LOL that's why she gave him to me so cheaply, also she knew that he was going to live the high life in my house. His name is Blue Barry and he's my boyfriend lol...the only one my hubs will allow. He's the bun-love of my life.

Barry and Mommy.JPG

He's adorable! I have had English Lops in the past, they are very sweet rabbits.

Lovelace is my love bunny, he gives me kisses on the lips, and he will jump up on the bed for bum scratches and lovins. :big wink:

LOL! Kisses on the lips, yep I get those too! My husband will catch us making out and he's saying stop that...stop it..stop it!

LOL! Kisses on the lips, yep I get those too! My husband will catch us making out and he's saying stop that...stop it..stop it!

LOL! I always call my boyfriend in to the room and say LOOK! LOOK! everytime. I love it, haha!

And his name is Tyrion, but I think I'm going to change it. Any suggestions? I have to meet him before I get a feel for a name, lol!

He is absolutely beautiful. Tans seem really interesting to me. There are so many I would love to have one day.

We are going to be showing and raising mini rexes for 4H. I have grown to really love this breed. That being said, one day I hope to have Silver Foxes. They are pretty rare and very gorgeous.

Such a lithe bunny. Reminds me of a hare. I'm not familiar with all the various breeds of rabbit, since I'm only 2 years in with my experience in house bunnies, but going by appearances, that face is full of an equal amount of sweetness and mischief. Can't wait to see your gotcha day pictures!

I love tans, without ever actually having met one, they are my favourite breed of rabbit :D Very handsome, can't wait to see more pics of your boy when you get him :)

Thank you everyone! He's going to be here on Saturday morning, so tomorrow! I'm pretty excited. I'll be posting lots of pics!

Thank you for the name website! I'll check it out! :)

Latest posts

Back