giant Flemish suddenly passed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessilee

Reaction score
Hi! My 1 1/2 year old giant Flemish rabbit suddenly died tonight and I'm at a loss. He seemed like he injured his front paw yesterday but was eating and drinking just fine. Today he was a little better then yesterday. Then tonight he was laying down and breathing slowly for about 2 hours. He wouldn't take any of his favorite foods or water, then out of nowhere he had what I would consider a grand mal seizure. It was really bad, he came out of it and passed away about 30 seconds later, he had made a few noises before this happened. I'm at a loss, he seemed healthy and happy.

Hi! My 1 1/2 year old giant Flemish rabbit suddenly died tonight and I'm at a loss. He seemed like he injured his front paw yesterday but was eating and drinking just fine. Today he was a little better then yesterday. Then tonight he was laying down and breathing slowly for about 2 hours. He wouldn't take any of his favorite foods or water, then out of nowhere he had what I would consider a grand mal seizure. It was really bad, he came out of it and passed away about 30 seconds later, he had made a few noises before this happened. I'm at a loss, he seemed healthy and happy.
---my condolences at this time,--regardless of how much we think we know about these little guys--we never know enough,--I always feel enormous guilt and remorse at each passing--it never gets any less painful.,,-it is with great heartfelt emotion that I give my condolences,-sincerely james waller :pink iris::pink iris::community::grouphug:hearts-

I am so sorry that this happened. Unfortunately without a necropsy you will never really know what happened to your sweet bun. Because rabbits are inherently prey animals they are skilled at hiding any type of illness or injury. When they pass it appears it was sudden when actually there may have been an issue going on for awhile.
I have had buns die this way ,actually exactly as you described, and I know how hard it is.
Don't blame yourself and try not to let this deter you from getting another pet in time. (( hugs))

How horrible a thing to happen. I think this is all of our biggest fear. Our hearts are so invested in these sweet creatures. I am so sorry. I have no clue what may have gone wrong, but Im joining in the group hug.

I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. I had a bun pass in April and I thought she was getting better also. I would go to the vets and get an 'autopsy' done to
see what was going on ...

You are in my thoughts.

Vanessa

Latest posts

Back