New Changes in Carefresh

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

In the past 30 days Amazon has been shipping me Carefresh Ultra that had obviously been sitting in a hot warehouse for too long. Carefresh has been selling out the old stock to make way for a whole new line of Carefresh bedding. The branding and litter itself has all changed.

AFAIK, all of the new bedding varieties have baking soda baked in.

I can't even find a direct replacement for the Ultra. There is a "Complete Natural" (white color) that I purchased but it has a very strong chemical odor. There is a "Custom for Rabbits" (also white) but I did not purchase that one.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative to original Carefresh Ultra since it is no longer going to be available?

I have a bag of "original" Kaytee Clean and Cozy Small Animal Bedding and Healthy Pet Ultra Bedding on the way from Amazon. It arrives on Monday. I am looking for something that is white, has no odor, and is soft/absorbent.

Thanks in advance!

Why does it need to be white? For urine monitoring, or are you concerned that the bunnies may not recognise it as their litter area otherwise? I use recycled paper pellets, currently I use Breeder's Choice as I can just pick it up from the supermarket, since the package I buy is marketed for cats but has no clumping agents or any other nasties.

Understandable. Both varieties of recycled paper pellets I've used have been light grey so they could potentially work.

Latest posts

Back