Bunny trouble

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budc

Reaction score
Hello, and thank you up front for the help
Lion Heads
I have a two does , and is a mom and the other is one of her kin
Mom (Twitch) had another batch of baby's on Oct 3/14 and the male(Tweak) finally got fix , but he got to moms baby(Lefty) inpregented that we keep'd , she is about 4 month old. well she had 5 baby's ( so not planed) anyhow the baby's did not live past 2 days, she had troubles giving birth. we still have 4 baby's left from mom(Twich) right now , i hope there gone to good homes by the end of this weekend .
Where the problem is happening is after Lefty lost her babies , Twitch keep attacking her and ripping out her fur, we do not want to have to give Lefty up , do due we saved her from nesteye ( well a little blind in her right eye )and illness . But nice and healthy as the vet told us.

We can not have them both out of there cages at the same time, we really do not want blood shed to happen . Tweak is ok with Lefty

Please any input if help full , and if you want to know more please ask away if you feel that i am missing info that can help

Spaying would probably help. Hormones never help rabbits to get along, especially if they are from the same sex. Right now, both of your bunnies just had litters so they probably are even more agitated than usual which could explain why Twich is tetchy. But if your two females don't get along anymore (can happen), you don't need to give one of them away. Considering you've got a male, which was (I suppose) housed separately from the females, and that you say that he gets along fine with Lefty, you can just get Lefty spayed and put her with her father. Male/Female, if spayed and neutered generally get on very well.
Warning : a male rabbit can reproduce for up to 8 weeks after the neutering occured. Keep him separated from the females in the meantime or you could be in for a nasty surprise again!
I would really advise you to spay your females anyway, considering that you will avoid false pregnancies, cancers and (hopefully) tetchy rabbits.
Also, how are your rabbits housed? If they are kept in a small space together that can encourage agressive behaviour (which is understandable, there are times when even the best of friends just don't want to see each other - if the rabbits are free-ranged, they can just go to different part of the house and not see each other, but if they are kept in a small space they can't , thus the biting and stuff).

Latest posts

Back