Affordable housng? Please help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wittle-Acres

Reaction score
Those of you with rabbitries....how do you house your rabbits? I want to start a small indoor rabbitry with my daughter, but can't find any cages that seem to fit into my budget😦 (I'd like to start with 8 holes) am I looking in the wrong place or is $40-$50 per hole a reasonable price? Maybe Im just cheap lol. I've also read that making them myself won't save much money after buying the pans and all so idk. What do you do?

Stackable cages aren't cheap. Buying from KW or Bass is the more expensive way to go, but they're well made. Check with other breeders in your area and see if there's someone local who makes cages for breeders. That's usually the cheaper way to go.

My Bass cages are the absolute best quality I've ever owned. I highly recommend them! However, for less expensive options, I recommend both Martin's Cages and Pointer Hill Pet Products (all have websites if you Google them). Their cages are good quality, they make up most of my rabbitry.

You can be more economical about buying cages if you go for breeding units/stacking cages. This is one large unit that's divided into multiple "holes" (another term for cages). These can be anywhere from $200+, depending on how many holes you get.

Equipment and breeding stock are the two most expensive, but most important investments.

Check out Craigslist or Facebook sale pages in your area. Sometimes you can find gently used cages at great bargains.

Those of you with rabbitries....how do you house your rabbits? I want to start a small indoor rabbitry with my daughter, but can't find any cages that seem to fit into my budget😦 (I'd like to start with 8 holes) am I looking in the wrong place or is $40-$50 per hole a reasonable price? Maybe Im just cheap lol. I've also read that making them myself won't save much money after buying the pans and all so idk. What do you do?

Check this out here. Most retail stores will sell similar materials.

Latest posts

Back