Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably. Looks like a minilop to me.

Don't feed him too much veggies at his age, he should be eating mostly hay and pellets.

I agree with Whiskey. Greens fed to such a young bunny have the potential to upset his still-developing bacterial balance in his gut. It can cause diarrhea in young buns which is often fatal. Do you know if they were feeding her greens where you got her? If not, then please stop the greens immediately. He's such a cutie -- we wouldn't want any harm to come to him!

In the meantime, be sure he gets plenty of hay. Some rabbits will remain with one ear up and one ear down (or partially up or down). You'll have to wait and see.

Here are the "by age" suggestions of what to feed rabbits from the House Rabbit Society:
· Birth to 3 weeks–mother’s milk
· 3 to 4 weeks–mother’s milk, nibbles of alfalfa and pellets
· 4 to 7 weeks–mother’s milk, access to alfalfa and pellets
· 7 weeks to 7 months–unlimited pellets, unlimited hay (plus see 12 weeks below)
· 12 weeks–introduce vegetables (one at a time, quantities under 1/2 oz.)

Thanks for the help! Didn't know they weren't suppose to have greens. Peaches now has complete flop ears 😍 How can you tell if it's a girl or boy? I got her from my friend who's bunnies had babies and they didn't tell me. I would for for peaches to be a girl. She just looks so precious wearing hairbows and she actually keeps them in! View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1417189287.477011.jpg

Looks like a Lionlop, which is a Lionhead/Mini Lop mix. Or any kind of lop mixed with a Lionhead really. Cute baby, but don't feed Greene as mentioned. And when your bunny is old enough avoid purple cabbage, iceberg lettuce, anything like that, romaine lettuce is fine, when your bunny is old enough.

Try dried Apple slices perhaps? And lots of fresh hay, and pellets, of course.

😊

Sent from my iPad using Rabbit Forum

..But wait on the dried apple until he/she is older. No fruits or greens of any type until she's older. Just hay and pellets.
If you'd like a general overview, you might like to review my site that explains more about bunny care.

and just for your info, here is a summary from the House Rabbit Society about what to feed at what age:
· Birth to 3 weeks–mother’s milk
· 3 to 4 weeks–mother’s milk, nibbles of alfalfa and pellets
· 4 to 7 weeks–mother’s milk, access to alfalfa and pellets
· 7 weeks to 7 months–unlimited pellets, unlimited hay (plus see 12 weeks below)
· 12 weeks–introduce vegetables (one at a time, quantities under 1/2 oz.)

Latest posts

Back