Lilly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windy

Reaction score
Hi, I've had a pet rabbit . . . or two or three . . . for over 20 years. Right now, I just have Lilly, a bunny the owner told me in an e-mail was big and fat. It turned out, however, she lived outside and was only being fed carrots, and she was basically a bag of bones when I got her. But soon, she was big and fat! She's a gray mixed breed medium sized bunny, friendly with all people and animals alike.

Thanks for the welcome Blue Eyes. I just realized I have no pictures of Lilly yet. When I take some, I will post them. She has the same coloring as your gray bunny.

What is it with people and only feeding their rabbits carrots? I've heard this so many times before and it's ridiculous. Do people think that because they once saw Bugs Bunny eating a carrot that all bunnies everywhere only want to eat carrots all day? I mean COME ON!

I believe it was due to financial reasons that Lilly was only being fed carrots. Unemployment was a problem, and they apparently were going to have to soon move out from where they were staying with relatives. When I first saw Lilly, I thought it was strange her head looked so big, when her body looked so small. But when I picked her up, I sadly knew why. But bunnies pack on pounds quick when they get proper food, and she had good weight on her in no time. She'll still eat carrots, too.:happybunny: Thanks for the welcome!

Latest posts

Back