Toys for the cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oglie2000

Reaction score
I have a 2 year old black polish bunny that weighs about 3 pounds at most. His name is Adam Bomb.

What types of toys are the best for bunnies in their cages? I have some plastic baby rings that Adam Bomb doesn't really like. I put plenty of card board toilet paper tubes in for chews, but he seems to put those in the litter pan and pees on them. I also bought grass mats, grass carrots, and grass twigs which he destroys immediately, but seems to really like. I got some apple wood sticks from the pet store, and some wood chew toys as well and he isn't interested in those that much either.

I am making a run to the pet store today to get some hay so I wondered if there is anything better. He seems to go through the grass items really fast. I am trying to promote activity in the cage while I am at work. Right now that I am not working he is running around having a ball but I worry about him while he is in the cage for 8 hours, while I'm working.

I've attached pictures of Adam Bomb and is brother and best friend Sammy Cat.

adam bomb and brother.jpg

adam bomb.jpg

I've heard parrot toys and some cat toys with bells and things that make noise work great. My buns are really picky when it comes to toys. They don't like the chews sticks, they was not interested in toilet paper rolls or most of the grass toys I bought. Sir William liked chewing on a grass carrot toy but once the top was gone it didn't like it anymore. He's absolutely obsessed with cardboard. I'm wanting to try some cheap cat toys before I get to extensive. I'm worried about wasting money on toys so I'm hesitant on buying them.

My rabbit absolutely goes nuts for these...little wicker balls. Google rattan ball or wicker orb to see what I'm talking about. They have them at pet stores but they're severely overpriced, so I'd suggest seeing if your local craft or dollar store stocks them.

They don't last very long, but they'd probably last a bit longer than the grass ones, at least. My Jinglebell's pretty picky about his toys as well, though luckily he's always happy to destroy a cardboard box I give him.

I did buy a wicker ball at walmart but it was expensive he did like that a lot. I will have to see if I can find them cheaper some where. Tonight I just bought a pumice square with wood on it and he was throwing it around immediately and chewing on it. I also got a bundle of sticks that he threw around too. I also tried an alfa treat inside a chew toy.

My rabbits are very picky about their toys. They don't care for the bells and baby toys sadly. They love the wicker balls, but what I find that both of them go crazy for to play with are the cardboard egg cartons, sometimes stuffed with exotic hay or a treat. In general they like cardboard, but I think the shape and texture is really where its at for them.

I think I will try the cardboard egg carton when I get chance to get some.

In another post I saw that Adam Bomb likes blankets. Y not get a little piece of fabric ( not small enough to swallow) for him to toss around?

That could be a good idea too. I think I may have some fabric laying around somewhere for him. Right now he is really trying to kill the paper towel and toliet paper rolls.

Latest posts

Back