Scratching problem.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanm13

Reaction score
My rabbit had ear mites about a week ago that got so bad it was starting to ho down it's back. Now its getting better but where the crusty stuff was on its neck is now nothing. The fur is growing back but my rabbit keeps cutting her self when scraching. How can I stop it?

Perhaps her nails are too sharp or long, if you trim them you might also need to just files the edges a touch, because I find when I cut Bandit's nails the newly trimmed ends have sharped edges too them rather than the rounded off points from running around.

What was given to treat the mites? Do you mean that it is now bare skin that she is scratching? Is she acting like it is still bothering her and that's why she is still scratching there?

Perhaps her nails are too sharp or long, if you trim them you might also need to just files the edges a touch, because I find when I cut Bandit's nails the newly trimmed ends have sharped edges too them rather than the rounded off points from running around.

Thanks I'll do that

What was given to treat the mites? Do you mean that it is now bare skin that she is scratching? Is she acting like it is still bothering her and that's why she is still scratching there?

She's doing fine. She only scratches once in a while like a normal rabbit.

Her skin may still be a little itchy as it is healing. You could ask your vet about a rabbit safe cream you could rub on the skin to help ease the dryness.

She's doing fine. She only scratches once in a while like a normal rabbit.

Her skin may still be a little itchy as it is healing. You could ask your vet about a rabbit safe cream you could rub on the skin to help ease the dryness.

Thanks I will.

Back