how can I keep rabbit feed fresh longer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atjurhs

Reaction score
How can I keep rabbit feed pellets good longer?

My local feed store can only sell rabbit feed in 5lbs increments (at least it's not 25lbs), so I want to try and keep what I buy as fresh as I can for as long as I can.

Right now I keep it in a mostly air tight tupperware in a cool dry place, the garage.

Any other thoughts?

Todd

I actually used to buy the large bags of Oxbow (50lb), but then I divided it into gallon ziplock bags and kept them in the refrigerator. I have heard, however, that the pellets should not be frozen.

Hi

Would they not collect moisture in the frig? I was just thinking a cool dark dry place in the garage. I do like the idea of individual zip lock bags

If you are wanting pellets as fresh as possible, though, you may want to look into Sherwood Forest Natural Rabbit Food. Their food is as fresh as it gets. I actually switched to their brand from the Oxbow.
It can only be ordered online, but comes in the mail very fast.

Thanks Blue,

I was looking to buy either the Oxbow or Zupreem as Kato's regular diet, but after your suggestion of Sherwood, it was pretty obvious to me that's the stuff to get.

Thanks again!

Todd

Latest posts

Back