Yumm the wood is so good!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need some help fellow bunny lovers! I have this beautiful cage I built for my bunnies. They run and they play and they eat the wood! Now I know that this is normal. I expected it, but the speed they are doing it at. The cage will be destroyed very quickly. What can I use on the corners? What are some of the things you guys (the ones that have) used? :bunnydance:

You can get plastic corner beading (like this sort of thing: http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/528785821/drywall_corner_bead_tile_strips_plastic_corner.jpg ) from hardware stores. As long as the edges of the beading are flush against the floor or the grids of the cage, they shouldn't be able to pull it up. They may still try to chew it, but it will stop them getting to the wood. I would then also give them a short piece of timber to chew on, you could attach it to the cage with cable ties to secure it, or just leave it loose.

Try what Azerane suggested, and can you get fruit tree wood? And dry it? You can usually find it free, it makes a great chew for your bunnies, and it might help deter them.

Latest posts

Back