dealing with rolling while treating E. Cuniculi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifound

Reaction score
Hello! Leroy, a barely 6month old lionhead lop has developed a head tilt as a result of E. Cuniculi. We are treating with the 28days of meds and have transfered her to a smaller, padded cage. However I was trying to get information on dealing with the rolling, and how to handle them during these sessions. Thank you!

Ushually during head tilts, the rabbit is not very active. Moving them to a small padded cage is the best thing to do. They are not able to keep their balance very easily. With the rolling, there is a couple things that you can do.
I have heard that some people put rolled up towel around the rabbit so if they roll they just roll into the towel. You could also move them into a laundry basket with rolled up towels all around the perimeter. They rest you just need to wait until the infection clears up! Hope your bun gets well soon!

If your bunny is having stability issues, and trouble staying upright, try a "cuddle cup". I use a small Rubbermaid container with a cushion (I made a little puff quilt), then a cut a pee pad in quarters and lay one piece on the cushion, then a layer of sherpa fabric. If your bunny urinates in there, all you have to change is the pee pad and then put a fresh piece of Sherpa on top.

DSCI3564.jpg

DSCI3583.jpg

What medications are you using? If it's just the fenbendazole (panacur) you may consider adding meclizine which is an anti-dizzyness medication that can be helpful.

Latest posts

Back