My rabbit looks sad :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iggy

Reaction score
I started noticing problems yesterday in the afternoon when my bun went back in his cage after play time. He usually gets around 2 to 3 hours on my living room (no where else) I supervise him very closely and i'm positive nothing happened.
I started worrying when he would sit in the same corner without moving from there. Usually he's very happy and does a binky here and there. Hops from the top of his hide house and around... but now he sits in the same spot.

The only thing I can think of is while he was outside playing I dropped a roll of tape and it went rolling. He was across the room but I guess I scared him and he went to hide in a corner. But then he came out and was normal again.

He still cleans himself and scratches his ears etc.. He eats his pellets and drinks water very well. However he has neglected his Alfalfa hay which he usually LOVES and eats away. I think it was because of a difference in quality so I'm looking to get that resolved tomorrow.
It's been two days now. He hops around for play time but in his cage it's a different story. I'm really worried since he's usually very active at all times. and even if he's just sitting or laying around he changes positions and sides etc.
He's even interested if I walk in the room or if I'm fixing something in his cage.

Also at night I hear him munching on his hide house or throwing his ball around, but lately nothing I would describe him as depressed but I can not figure it out.

I'm worried if he's experiencing some kind of pain i'm unaware of. He eats and poops and runs around outside like i've said. I've had the impression that he doesn't like me or think much of me... but I'm still clueless and so worried:so sad Any input on sad buns is welcome :/

I started noticing problems yesterday in the afternoon when my bun went back in his cage after play time. He usually gets around 2 to 3 hours on my living room (no where else) I supervise him very closely and i'm positive nothing happened.
I started worrying when he would sit in the same corner without moving from there. Usually he's very happy and does a binky here and there. Hops from the top of his hide house and around... but now he sits in the same spot.

The only thing I can think of is while he was outside playing I dropped a roll of tape and it went rolling. He was across the room but I guess I scared him and he went to hide in a corner. But then he came out and was normal again.

He still cleans himself and scratches his ears etc.. He eats his pellets and drinks water very well. However he has neglected his Alfalfa hay which he usually LOVES and eats away. I think it was because of a difference in quality so I'm looking to get that resolved tomorrow.
It's been two days now. He hops around for play time but in his cage it's a different story. I'm really worried since he's usually very active at all times. and even if he's just sitting or laying around he changes positions and sides etc.
He's even interested if I walk in the room or if I'm fixing something in his cage.

Also at night I hear him munching on his hide house or throwing his ball around, but lately nothing I would describe him as depressed but I can not figure it out.

I'm worried if he's experiencing some kind of pain i'm unaware of. He eats and poops and runs around outside like i've said. I've had the impression that he doesn't like me or think much of me... but I'm still clueless and so worried:so sad Any input on sad buns is welcome :/
--even though rabbits are nocturnal--we tend to expect something during the day hours..--if this is not the problem --keep a watchful eye on the behavior for any heads up of medical--sincerely james waller :headflick::D

Take him to a good rabbit vet who can perform a full dental check, this could be related to the possible malocclusion I mentioned in your other thread. If a rabbit goes off his hay I would definitely suspect tooth pains.

Take him to a good rabbit vet who can perform a full dental check, this could be related to the possible malocclusion I mentioned in your other thread. If a rabbit goes off his hay I would definitely suspect tooth pains.

I was starting to think the same thing :/ but I was hoping the problem was in the hay.. I'll look into taking him to a vet since it's really worrying me :sosad

Even though your bun is still eating, an unusual change of behavior like you are describing, can often be an early indication that a rabbit is experiencing some sort of discomfort or pain. If you can rule out any strange new occurrences or changes in your buns environment as the cause of the behavior change, then a health issue is quite possible and I agree with Laura that it would be good to have your bun seen by your vet(a good rabbit vet if you don't already have one picked out). A thorough dental exam is certainly a good place to start, though if nothing is found there, you may also need blood tests and/or xrays done.

Best of luck at the vets and please update us on how things go and how your bun is doing.

:headflick: Your bunny is showing signs of a gradual slowdown of the gut
Your best action is to bring her to a knowledgeable vet. Teeth issues are best discovered when the bunny is anesthetized, so that the back molars (tending to be the culprit) are correctly seen and points trimmed. They cannot do this if the rabbit is getting weak.

Alfalfa is not a good choice being very rich, and this may be causing slight gas in her gut--hence pain. I always keep some chewable cherry gas-x tablets around and break off a little piece for my guys when I suspect trouble.

Hope that helps.

Back