Bitting cloths

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyrabbit12345

Reaction score
My rabbits new "trick" jump up on my lap get some snuggle time with me then all of a sudden she bites my cloths and me and boy does it hurt what could be going on her little bunny brain ?

:headflick: Hi! Your girl is either telling you she's had enough because she likes it or because she's irritated. I had a guy who always nipped after a certain amount of attention, and I attribute that to a dominance thing. Watching rabbits together, nipping is communicating, basically, "move"!

Hope that helps!

Help now my bunny is jumping up on my lap and bitting my stomach through my shirt if I start to pet her she stops the second I stop does it again ! How can I get her to stop if I put her on the ground she jumps right back and yes she is spayed

I have found one of my bunnies really like biting clothes. If it's lying around he likes to chew and rearrange it. If it's on my body....owww. :(

I don't exactly know why, I like to joke that he's criticising my fashion sense or is trying to save me from these horrible stretchy snakes that are swallowing me. He does not bite my bare skin, only the clothes, so I know he's not trying to bite ME. It's likely he doesn't even know it's me under the cloth, he just sees cloth and wants to chew and play with it. Maybe it's the same with your bun.

:headflick: Hi again--I'll bet your girl isn't spayed. That's O.K.--don't run out and get it done for this! I'm not a big fan anyway for spaying.

Your chic is being dominant. She's showing you she's the boss. I work with this. I don't try to suppress it. I like a confident bunny. But when you get annoyed enough, just gently pick her up and place her off you. Rabbits don't care to be picked up, and she'll get the point.

If she bites you after you've started doing this, then the next step is the loss of privilege of being in your lap.

One other thought, which also may apply, is she's trying to get your attention for some food. Maybe she's still hungry. I have had my "people" do this, so I'd try to find out what they want by going into their eating area and watching their response when they follow me.

Hope that helps. Try them both.

Sorry--I just caught the part where she's spayed--but dominance is never spayed away!

Back