wall proofing help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyornot

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So for the last couple of months my rabbit has had a room to herself (she doesn't go in a cage at all) with no problems. But recently she's taken to chewing on base boards in the room. So I surrounded the perimeter of the room with NIC panels except for in front of the door BUT she has figured out how to pull the panels away from the wall and get between the panel and the wall. In fact this has become a game we now play. Even on the wall away from the door and in the closet she will lift the units up and go underneath. So I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for adding to the perimeter or a different way. I know a lot of it too is boredom and I do plan on getting her some new toys to help but I was just wondering if there were any other good concrete ways to stop it from happening forever.

Hi--

Here's what I do. I get smallish boxes from our shopping store, Aldi's, with the "door" cut away in one side. Some of these I cut another door opposite to create a "tunnel" with the box. On others I make a third on the side. Then I set these like a connecting maze and stack a few tunnel boxes on top of these for a double-decker. Make sure, on the 3-door boxes, the unopened side is not facing the wall. This maze should almost but not completely be against your walls.

Your girl will be so distracted with enjoyment rearranging these, running thru and on top of them, chewing them, etc... the walls will be forgotten.

Best yet, these are all free and replaceable, and light-weight.

My little mini-rex is very destructive. It's a good thing I know how to patch holes and taping on our walls! But this maze does the trick.:headflick:

Oh I like both of these ideas!!! Thanks! I shop at Aldi all the time too! For the time being we've velcro'd the bottom of the NIC units to the floor in a couple areas so we're seeing if that works. I'm doubtful because she is very efficient at doing as she pleases. She looks at our feeble attempts and basically says "Challenge Accepted". I didn't even think about using pin nails we didn't want to do anything that would hurt the base boards so that is probably what we'll end up doing. BTW Blue eyes I showed your picture to my boyfriend and he said that your bunnies look more well behaved that ours lol.

Last edited:
Back