looking after a bun with no front teeth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miko

Reaction score
some of you may remember miko my bun who had/has severe malloclusion well to put a long story short he underwent
removal of an abscess + front and back teeth heavily trimmed
long course of antibiotics and pain killers + critical care
front teeth removed due to them being wobbly and another abscess forming
long course of antibiotics and pain killers + critical care
anyway my little fighter pulled through and is now well but i am slightly concerned about his diet as it is harder for him to eat some things (cut up small) so if anyone has experience in this area let me know !! :)

Bumping this for you so you can get some help with your little man, maybe try baby food with pellets mashed in? I don't have any experience in this department, I really don't, so if that's a silly suggestion I apologize, haha.

Good luck!

Usually the incisors being removed, won't affect a rabbits eating too much. The incisors are mostly used to just grab a hold of food and maybe chop something in half. Some rabbits will have difficulty though, and in these cases the food may need to be prepared differently, but which way you chose depends on the difficult each particular bun is having in eating. What type of food does your bun seem to have trouble eating and how is it prepared for him(chopped, shredded, etc)?

miko hasnt seemed to have any trouble with most foods so far - at the moment we have been giving him grated carrot and mashed banana + greens, dry food, hay etc... he still seems to be a healthy weight i just don't seem to see him eat as much as he used to... although he goes insanely mad about banana and knows when to expect his night time banana (i know they are a treat food but he used to have it mashed into his critical care and gets literally grumpy if he doesn't get it most nights)...

thanks for the bump !! ^_^

Latest posts

Back