Hello

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZephirahStar

Reaction score
I recently brought home a 6 year old Holland Lop (his name is Kenobi) that a co-worker of mine was unable to care for (Her daughter, who the rabbit belonged to had gone to college the year before and left him behind).

He was a serious mess when I got him home and took him out of his cage. They had obviously not really known what to feed him or how to care for him, and his entire bottom was coated in dried matted poop. After a couple of massive butt sponge baths and combing, I finally got him clean. They had clearly just been letting him sit in his cage like that and then dealing with the mess by clipping all of his dirty matted fur off (he had a stick for a tail and unevenly cut fur all around it).

Now that he's on a proper diet and doesn't sit in a cage all day long, he's really thriving and having a blast being a real house bunny! All of his fur has grown back and he keeps himself clean. My husband and I decided to let him roam free in the house (after rabbit proofing, of course) and we just leave his cage open all the time because it has his litter box and food/hay inside. He divides his time between hanging out with us in the living room (he moved his new pet bed under the coffee table) and relaxing in his own bedroom on a blanket near his cage.

He's very sweet and friendly and loves to cuddle with us on the couch.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/zephirahstar/photo_zps25b92b40.jpg

ahhhhhh! What a sweet baby! I am not quite brave enough to let my rabbits roam totally free. Too many cords and things to get into, though they get plenty of floor time and get taken outside for romps at park. I am so glad he is so happy. It's no fun being cooped up in a cage.

What a cutiepie! I'm so glad he's enjoying his new home with you. He sounds so much better off. :)

That's like my rabbit too! We just leave his hutch open all the time and he goes in there to eat (or complain when there's no food in his bowl) and that's about it. Mostly he hangs out on the couches with me and my boyfriend...and get this...he actually cleans the couches! It's the cutest thing too, he licks the couch material, reorganizes the pillows, and throws things that he doesn't want on there off (like cell phones and sweaters and such). Rabbits sure aren't afraid to show you their personality once they have the freedom to really express themselves.

Latest posts

Back