New to the Forum - Meet Reggie!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayepaye

Reaction score
This is my first time being a part of the rabbit forum.

My name is Kylie, I'm 22 years old and I have always loved animals. I have a 2-year-old female Labrador mix named Harbour, and 2-year-old male rat named Smokie.

I just a 4-year-old Rex buck named Reggie a couple of weeks ago; he is a total sweetheart.
He's really mellow, and easy to handle. LOVES to snuggle and will demand to be pet constantly.
He loves digging around in blankets, and I always let him play on my bed so he can make himself nests and tunnels in the blankets.

He really is such a loveable bunny, with such a personality.

His housing arrangements right now are a little less than I'd like, because he isn't fully litter trained just yet.
He lives in a large dog crate, with a big litter box and baby blankets for bedding. He is allowed to roam freely in the spare bedroom (where his cage is) in the morning before I leave for work, and in the evening when I get home.

Once his litter habits improve, he will be allowed to free range throughout the home as he pleases, I'm so excited for this!

10440243_822358521128161_8460469622126416611_n.jpg

Hello there and welcome, Reggie is an absolute cutie and he sounds like such a wonderful snuggle bunn.

In regards to his litter habits, is he missing his tray in his cage? Or just all around the room? He may simply still be learning, but a lot of bunnies like to go to the toilet on soft things, which may be a cause if he's going on his blankets and it might be worth trying to take them out. Otherwise, since he's only been with you a couple of weeks, he may still be marking his territory around your room. As you give him more space into the rest of the house, you will likely see a few poops scattered about as he marks that area as his too, though it will certainly decrease with time and hopefully stop altogether.

I can't add much to what everyone says about the litter. I've only had two who had perfect litter habits; oddly enough, both were boys.

But he is a cutie pie!!!!!

He does pee in his pan 90% of the time, sometimes he pees outside but it's usually by accident (he is in the pan when he pees but misses..). And he peed on my roommate's bed once...

I can deal with the poops, I vacuum them up twice a day. He doesn't poop very much when he's outside his cage, it's usually in his litter pan, or in his cage.

Latest posts

Back