Aloof or what?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NekoOtome

Reaction score
So I've had my bun for about 1 and a half years now. He eats treats from my hand and isn't afraid to come up to me and nose bump me and chin me, and binkies all over the place when I'm in the room. The thing is he is not a fan of being touched at all really. He moves away at the slightest touch but doesn't seem to be scared at all of people. Is he just an aloof bunny or is something wrong?

I feel like this is normal behaviour for most bunnies. My boy barely tolerates touching unless he's occupied with food, same with my girl except she does like to be pet on the head. Surely you can sneak in some quick pets while he's bouncing around you? Or is he wincing away like it hurts when you touch him?

The former, he just isn't a cuddly type I suppose =P. He can be touched when he's preoccupied with food as well so I'm guessing what I got is a classic case of bunny-tude. That's a relief to know that other owners have that as well!

Is your bun the lop in your photo? Lops seems to be especially predisposed to bunnitude. :p Still love the little scamps though.

I have the world's weirdest rabbit who loves to be picked up, put high in the air, lets me bliw a soft raspberry on her belly, then snuggles on my shoulder. This is not the norm. But the fact you can feed your bunny from your hand does say he trusts you enough.

Signing in to report my own super sassy mini lop, Clementine. :p I love the heck out of her, and she repays me with leg flicks and tons of bunnitude. Sweet thing!

Thanks for the replies everyone! We'll just see how he settles in for a few more weeks...

My Trigger, Great Bunny bless his soul, was 8 pounds of lop bunnitude. I will never forget when we were trying to introduce him to a foster rabbit when he purposely got the foster's attention JUST to show the little foster bunny his bum.

Yes, lops tend to have a bit of attitude, and it's perfectly fine with me.

Latest posts

Back