Chunky 12 Week Old?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uhohmaeday

Reaction score
I had brought my 10 week old buck to the vet because his genital opening was all swollen when (after a series of antibiotics, ointments, and soaks) it was discovered he was in fact a little doe. Or should I say, not so little? I was worried when I brought her because her stomach appeared a distended, but the vet said that there was nothing to worry about. Basically I just have a chunky bunny. She still has a rounded tummy. She is active and alert. She eats and drinks and poops and pees. She acts just like her with no issues. So my question is... has anyone else had a chunky bunny? Could something else be going on? I'm a little bit of a paranoid bunny mom! I attached some photos of her. Her name is Luka. But I call her Luke since her original name was Luke and I think she still looks like a Luke. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1411389836.679195.jpg
In this one you can see how her belly kind of protrudes from the side. My other buns don't do this.
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1411389931.311014.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1411389974.093033.jpg
These are because she's just adorable. :p
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1411390012.921813.jpg
This one is because her points are way darker now, and the others don't let you see how massive her ears are! They are huge! And adorable!

How old is she? It looks like she is part Californian and they can get to like 10 pounds, (I think...don't have the breed standard with me)

She's 12 weeks. She's a week older than two mini lop bucks we have and weighs a few little less. She's a crossbreed, and I was never told what cross. So I have no idea how big she'll get.

Back