plz help with pregnant and sex relation ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marwan

Reaction score
is there are a specific days for accept sex relation ?
and is there are specific days also for give positive pregnant results ?

as it is said that the best time is after she gave birth within 24/48hours but if i didnt reach that time have to wait after 7days of birth, or 15days of birth,..etc ass she will have heat or sexual appetite

and is there are specific days for ovulation? as i know that the rabbit dont have menstruation period

hope know the scientific answer

There are no specific days, however sometimes does will refuse a male, but it's not because they aren't fertile at that time. Rabbits are induced ovulators, meaning that if you mate them, the female will ovulate and become pregnant.

It is not a good idea to breed them right after the doe has given birth, it puts too much stress on the body and she will not have time to recover from her first pregnancy, and she also needs to nurse the kits for at least 5 or 6 weeks. Personally, the soonest I would mate them after a birth is 8 weeks. It gives time for the kits to be weaned and then mate sure the doe is in good condition again before breeding. So you would essentially be breeding once every 3 months, or 4 times a year. 2 or 3 is ideal, but it really depends why you're breeding.

Rabbits are induced ovulations, so the eggs are released when they mate. There can be times when they are more receptive to mating, but they can effectively get pregnant at any time.

Back to back breeding (breeding right after a litter is born), is hard on the doe. She would be pregnant and nursing at the same time without a break. It is more ideal for kits to be weaned around 6-8 weeks old, and that can't happen if the doe is bred right after giving birth. To give her a good break and not over stress, breeding when the kits are weaned could be good. Some people only breed a doe a few times a year and only if she is in good condition.

thank you Azerane
you're right, thats will be hard to get pregnancy after gave birth directly
but i mean, some people say that the sexual appetite or have erotic, i cant explain but i mean is more feeling sex emotional )) in specific days starting with birth, then next week of birth, then next 3 week of birth ..etc
i won't mate her after the birth, just need to know if there are specific days have emotional to make sex or to be more fertility to get pregnant ?? like human ! its say for who want get pregnant to make it some days after monthly menstruation end but i know that the rabbits don't have monthly menstruation

thank you Korr and Sophie
you mean is there are no specific time to get pregnant, because the egg is found anytime, coz no monthly menstruation, that what i guess, but is that a scientific true ?

thanks all for help...

ok finaly is there are known specific days for accept the male with emotional ? because she always refuse without the other known reasons

Not that I'm aware of, I think it's simply about trying until she seems to be in the mood. Are you taking the doe to the buck, or bringing the buck to the doe? You should be taking the doe to the buck because otherwise she could be too territorial. If not, I'm not sure why, try her with a different buck perhaps?

Some people swear to breed by the full moon schedule. I have no idea how it works but they have lots of success with it. I have found that my tans who are difficult to breed do so best in the spring time. They lifted for my bucks and didn't give me any trouble.

My moms polish seem to easily breed anytime of the year. If yet don't lift for the buck one day she waits 1-7 days and they are usually more receptive then.

This advice is for rabbits that are not already pregnant.

Latest posts

Back