What to do with Mickey? Bonding question.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silwerkitty

Reaction score
Hi there!

I currently have two groups of bunnies, a quartet (two nethies, a new zealand and a cinnamon, Mickey) and a pair (two havana mixes I adopted from a rescue). The plan is to EVENTUALLY have one bonded group of six, but one of the havanas still needs to get spayed, so I'm waiting for that before doing any bonding.

Here's my problem. Mickey, for some reason, never really cemented his bond with the two nethies, so they chase him around now and then, at least three or four times a day. I've tried very many different bonding methods (for months on end) to try to cement the bond, but this behaviour just continues non-stop and sometimes they pull some fur out.

My question is: when my little havana girl is spayed and healed, should I maybe remove Mickey from the quartet and rather bond him to the two havanas first and just have two groups of three each for a few months? I want him to stop being afraid of being chased all the time, and I want the nethies to get out of this habit of theirs. One problem: the New zealand (Bella) that's also part of the quartet is bonded well with Mickey as well as the two nethies at the moment, so if I do move Mickey over to the havanas, do I move her with him, or do I keep her with the nethies?

My lounge is currently split into two with the two groups on either side, so they can all see each other all day and chat through the wooden bars if they want.

Appreciate any insight on what to do with Mickey, thank you guys in advance!

Back