Head jerking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yodathedwarf

Reaction score
My bunny is happy most of the time when I let it out and it binkies a lot as well. However lately I've noticed him standing still for a couple of seconds then jerking his head up and continue what he was doing before. At first I thought is was a binky but now he shakes his head( like he's shaking his head no) too. I checked his ear to see if anythings bothering him but I see nothing. Please help! I don't want it to get worse( if it isn't a binky)!

Sounded to me like a "half-binky", also called a head flick or ear flick. Instead of twisting the whole body, just the head is quickly turned sideways and back. This is still a pretty impressive sight in a creature with ears longer than its head! A head flick can be performed while running, or when sitting in place. A head flick is similar in meaning to a shudder, but is a little more playful and silly. It differs in presentation from the "I'd rather not" ear wobble, because it's much faster and often includes a slight rearing up by lifting the front feet. :headflick:
My Nessa does that all the time. :)
But it could possibly be ear mites or something or that sort. I'm not too sure. If you're super worried, I'd take him to a vet to ease your mind. :)

Latest posts

Back