2 Rabbits/Bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aureaule

Reaction score
Hi guys!

My family friends didn't want their rabbits anymore so I took them in! I got very little information out of my family friends.

My observations:
- They both mount each other
- I do not think they're spayed
- They like to hop and pee, which gets all over my floors (so I've wrapped their cage in newspaper for the time being)
- I think they may be 9-12 months old, but I'm not sure at all.
- They grew up together and show no aggressive behaviour, other then at night when they like to chase each other around & one bun stomps his feet, runs around and waits for the other bun to catch up. And when the other bun catches up, he stomps again and runs away.

If I neuter them, will the peeing & hopping stop? As well as mounting?

Neutering them will help with the mounting, spraying pee, smell and chasing. It could still take some time to litter train them when you let them out to exercise, if they're very unfamiliar with your house, but fixed rabbits are usually very tidy.

Best to take them to a good rabbit vet so you can talk over your neutering options and find out their genders, health status, and how old they are, etc.

Neutering them will help with the mounting, spraying pee, smell and chasing. It could still take some time to litter train them when you let them out to exercise, if they're very unfamiliar with your house, but fixed rabbits are usually very tidy.

Best to take them to a good rabbit vet so you can talk over your neutering options and find out their genders, health status, and how old they are, etc.

I did buy a litter box for them in their cage, it seems as they are using it because most of the poop pellets (sorry, if the term is incorrect) are in there when I dump the box/clean the cage.

Is there a thread on here that I could read about litter training? Thank you so much!

Oh, in my first post, I meant that I do not think they are neutered*** I believe they are both male rabbits/buns!

Latest posts

Back