Kale

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyrabbit12345

Reaction score
Just read that kale should only be given sparingly ? Is that true? I've been giving it to my bun every day she loves it!

I've heard mixed reviews. The latest I've read was that it's not as bad as was first thought. I generally give my bun some everyday too, but because I've read that you should feed it sparingly, I only give about a third of a leaf in his salad. Some days he eats it and some days he doesn't. I do change his salad up from week to week though with different greens. He normally always gets organic spring greens, with a couple of other types. This week it's Romaine lettuce and cilantro with the spring greens. Next week I'll probably go back to the kale.

Cale is an amazinh veggie. Full of goodness. But some of that goodness isnt that great for bunnies in excess. Kale is high in calcium and protein which means if youre feeding large amounts of it very often it could potentially lead to issues like bladder sludge. However this depends on the rabbit aswell. How likely is the bun to build up.sludge with out the extra calcium? You never know.
Its pretty safe to feed.

Latest posts

Back