Breeding Rex's

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a himi rex doe and a self black (carries blue and brown) buck Rex's. 8-12m of age. Not related. Today I mated them. My doe is getting aggressive and scared and charging at me when I go to pat her. She is attempting to bite me and runs from the buck.

I have two questions, 1. Is this normal behaviour for the doe? And should I remove her from the buck?

2. What colours will be produced

How long has the doe and buck been together? Personally, I wouldn't leave them together without direct supervision because it can turn nasty very easily. If she is acting that way you should remove her and try again another time, when she's more receptive anyway.

I want to say that is normal breeding behavior. A doe should be very receptive to a buck by lifting her rear when the buck mounts her or if she is really receptive they will even start mounting the buck.

When I breed I put the doe and buck together and let them breed 2-3 times then take away the doe wait 2-8 hours and put them back together for 2-3 more times. I do notice that with some of my does after waiting that period of time they will lunge at the buck and grunt a lot. Some breeders say the doe will let you know when she has been bred enough. This behavior is independent of each rabbit and I've known some to either be combative from the start or have no complaints during the whole process. It just depends on the girl

If we have a doe that's being difficult we'll put her in a cage between two bucks. Sometimes it helps get them in the mood.

If they are in a cage together, you should remove her... I table breed mine so I don't have that problem. Most of my does are like that in the way that they don't want u to touch them while they are preggers

Latest posts

Back