ears and feet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memakwed

Reaction score
Two buns and 2 questions.

We obtained a Holland lop today from a family that could not care for her any longer. She is in quarantine from our others. We noticed she is itching her left ear. I have looked her ears are clean, no bumps inside or out and no scaling or dandruff. She seems to have minimal hair on her ears but since we haven't had her before today I can't say if this is normal for her or not. The previous family said they have never seen her itch her ears so they're not helpful. I'm sure she ahs itched her ears during her lifetime she is 16 months old. Any thoughts other than ear infection?

2nd question.

We have a broken mini rex. She is 7 years old. Her nails get cut monthly although she chews most of them. They have always been white in color. We cut them Friday and they seemed to have a yellow color to them. Has anyone experienced this with their rabbit or know what may be the cause?
She is approx. 3lbs no weight or diet or cage changes. She is an aggressive rabbit.

I would watch and continue to keep her separate. There's a possibility of ear mites if the scratching continues. Rabbits can have less hair on their ears during the summer months due to the heat.

Latest posts

Back