Weight as baby and weight as adult?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnies_Cavies

10 Bunnies and 10 Cavies
Reaction score
Can a rabbits weight at a certain age tell you about how much they weigh as an adult? My boy bunnies are 3 months old (Holland Lop mix, mom was 4lbs, dad was larger) and they are 2.12 and 3.4 growing about 1/4 lb a week. Any guesses as to their adult size?
Thanks!

My approximate guess is that from 12 weeks of age, to their adult size, their weight will double. That's what happened with Bandit, I can't remember the weights off the top of my head, but his adult weight is nearly exactly double his 12-ish week weight. Not that he doubled in size, it's an increase in size and bulk.

My approximate guess is that from 12 weeks of age, to their adult size, their weight will double. That's what happened with Bandit, I can't remember the weights off the top of my head, but his adult weight is nearly exactly double his 12-ish week weight. Not that he doubled in size, it's an increase in size and bulk.

Thank! They haven't grown much since I got them 3 weeks ago so I am thinking they will be closer to moms size then dads :)

I have also found that rabbits about double their weight from when they are around 10-12 weeks.
Smaller breeds do tend to mature faster, so reach their adult size around 6 months. Large and giant breeds can still be growing from 9-18 months.

Your guys will probably mature around 4.5 to 7 pounds.

Back