Problems with bedding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayla123

Reaction score
Hello
Yesterday i got my bunnies, there are absolutely adorable they are teddy lion heads they sort of remind me of mini angora rabbits hehe :) yesterday I put wood shavings in there litter box and found it was sticking to them like crazy ! It took me a long time to get it all out of there fur so I decide to put in newspaper and hay on top but the hay also gets tangled in there fur so I bought a hay rack and just have newspaper in there litter box , I know it's not ideal cause they can chew the newspaper and is toxic so does anyone have any experience in this ? What kind of bedding can I use that won't get caught up in there fur ? Would care fresh stick to there fur ?
Pleas help
Thanks for the advise
Kayla

Wood pellets work well, but also look into a grate to go over the litter. It will keep the rabbits out of the litter and does help with the mess.

Most litter is terrible for long fur. It just gets caught in the wool and causes matting. Fleece or a towel works best in the cage, and wood or paper pellets in the litter box.

I agree with wood or paper pellets for the litter box, they're heavy enough that they don't stick at all.

Latest posts

Back