Best Brush for Lionhead Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatkiidsean

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I attempted to brush my bunny today with a soft-bristled brush with a rubber tip to it. While he seemed to love being brushed (surprisingly), the brush barely picked up any fur. It picked up the same amount of fur as if I were to pluck fur from him, in which he hates having that done to him.

So I am here to inquire about new brushes to use. Now is the time in his age where he, especially as a Lionhead, will shed a lot and will require quite a bit of brushing. What is the best brush to use on a Lionhead? I know wire brushes are really bad, since rabbits have such delicate skin. What do you guys use on your bunnies?

Also, I noticed a small clump of fur behind the back of his mane on his neck. I am very skeptical to just pluck it right off of him, as I'm afraid of hurting him, especially now that he's just starting to trust being touched. Should I wait for a veterinarian to do it? Or perhaps is there a way I can do it without causing him any harm?

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

I personally use a slicker brush for my Lop, and also my long haired dog. :p The brush has never hurt Nessa, she seems to love being brushed with it. (She hated my other brush I used, I suspect the bristles were too hard.) She tooth purrs the whole time I brush her. I would look into a slicker brush or maybe a cat comb. I'm not too experienced with lionheads, so that's all the advice I can give you. :)

Latest posts

Back