Weird humph noise???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylovin1093

Reaction score
The other night I was playing with my bun Bambi and I was lying on the ground while he hopped on my back. As he hopped past my face I noticed he was making a very quite humph noise every time he hopped. Is this normal and does anyone know what this means?

It could be that he's feeling frisky. When Bandit started to mature, he used to hop circles around my feet and make sounds like your describing. It's basically sexual behaviour. I found it adorable, lol

Oh I do too find this so adorable! Except for that frisky odor. Are you noticing that too? Smells like a skunk LOL. My Guy will be neutered in another couple of weeks. I'm going to miss the circles and humming. He does this when I'm getting him treats too, so if I'm lucky, I'll still have that.

it seems like my female rabbit also does this. Is this normal? She also starts circling me and gets all excited and does that kind of noise when she hops.

Yep, perfectly normal :)

Though as a side note, are you 100% sure she's female. The sex-change fairy loves visiting bunnies :D

haha it's adorable his frisky behaviour. Sometimes though he also buzzes at me loudly. Why?

Latest posts

Back