New rabbit runny nose?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lexi01

<3
Reaction score
We got two rabbits today and nothing about them was true but I couldnt leave them there. One has a rusty cage and one no cage at all. They said they were told they were dwarfs at the pet store but since they both have manes I know they are at least half lionhead maybe mixed.with a neatherland dwarf or mini rex or both. Anyways I think the buck may have a runny nose? There was clear runny fluid coming from his mouth or nose I cant tell which yet. Nothing from the doe so far. Is this anything to be concerned about? I know white fluid is a sign of infection but it just looks like drool possibly. I.don't want to take any chances getting the other rabbits sick. Aside from that and some gnarly nails they seem healthy. Here he is feel free to guess at his breed he has some wisps of hair around his head and some mutton chops on his cheaks otherwise has thick soft fur but not exactly like a rex

20140820_200625.jpg

It could be drool, which would indicate possible dental problems. It's not a good sign either way. Since they were kept in such dismal conditions I would highly recommend a trip to a rabbit vet for a general health and dental checkup, you never know what these poor buns could have.

He's a cutie, definitely got some lionhead in him!

Thats what I was thinking. I wanted him to get settled before I went poking around his muth. They are both very docile. They looked like they were pets for their kids and the kids didnt take care of them

When you go to the vet, see if they can guestimate their ages too. That will help you to know when to separate them to prevent babies. (and to know when to keep an eye out for when those hormones may affect behavior and cause issues.)

They are really cute!

He hasnt been runny or drooly anymore. Could he have just been stressed from the car ride?

most likely. Some rabbits stress more easily than others. Do keep them isolated from your other rabbits if you have them for at least a month. Do all their care AFTER you do your other rabbits care. they must be at least 10 feet away and downwind of your other rabbits.

Blue eyes: They are about 4-5 months old (the owner says) And that looks about right for how big they are (compared to Gizmo at 4 months) they look like they have a little bit of growing left in them. No doubt are ready to breed if I gave them the chance lol They are separated and have been for a while ( so I was told hopefully we don't get any surprise litters :O) I palpated her just in case and did not feel anything... but that doesn't mean too much if she's not 2 weeks along.

Ladysown: They are separated Gatsby is in his new outdoor hutch we built and Lola is in a different room until I finish her outdoor hutch. These two will be outside and gizmo and billy will stay inside permanently.

Back