a clause or sore hocks?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kala83

Reaction score
I feel so incredibly guilty for a lil bun of my mom's he has had this horrid thing on the under side of his foot for a long time....possibly even years and we never noticed it....

he has a very good energy level and he eats a lot....

I just never noticed this thing until now....

its a big whiteish yellowish round sore.

on his hind leg.

up by like the very back off it. He does not seem to care if I touch it...or look at it... although to get a good look at this thing he hast to be on his back I tried to take a photo of it.
since my three rats have been sick lately also i want to take him in to see my vet...but I might have to wait for a little bit for finical reasons.

Frankly I am kind of pissed off. I mean honestly me having to take care of my mother's rabbit from this kind of thing should not be my responsibility and yet it is.

I have told her countless times that rabbits can not make hair balls like cats do they need to be groomed more often....and they need their environment cleaned.

she take out the litter boxes but she does not think she needs to clean the rest of the cage. So I end up doing this.....

I know she love her pet but she does not do ALL she needs to do in my opinion only some of and that annoying

ok update thumper is going into the vet tomorrow and hopefully is going to be getting on the road to be better.:bunnydance: lol does the happy dance for thumper

Agh. Poor little bun. Yes I agree it is not fair that you have to take care of her bunnies, but just know that when you do this you are doing the right thing. Keep up the good work even though it should not be your responsibility. Hoping for the best for Thumper. ;)

well we got back from the doctor....I think thumper should be ok.

but he is going to be losing his leg....yep he has surgery on Monday...I am totally nerve racked about the whole thing. Never had to deal with an animal losing a limb.

and he is kind of a older guy....so there is concern due to his age and that he is at a smaller weight right now.

that due to in part the original issue was hock sore, but since we did not catch in time, it infected the bone.

he also does have a tendency of he get pissed about something hits his foot on the cage.

and that probably is how the leg got broken to.
Part of the bone is actually coming out a li.....due it being infected and broken.
Nither one of us feel good he has been in pain for so long but we really truly did not knot til...now but hopefully all goes well Monday.

I bought him a new fleece blanket to curl up in the corner. lol he seems to like it a lot got pissed when I reached in and tried to move it a little.

but I am ok with the fact we are doing all we can for him....there no guarantees about how the surgery will or will not go but I am really trying to think positive about this whole thing.

Oh gosh, poor Thumper. :(

Thankfully, rabbits are very adaptable to living with a removed limb! Once he gets used to it he should be fine. Are you going to keep him inside while he heals?

Latest posts

Back