Introducing...Oliver!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceilpaws

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone had read my thread about being approached to take in a rabbit in need. I had to really think about it as I had not been looking to adopt a second bun. However, I realized that I have the ability to provide a home to another rabbit and I agreed to take on the rescue. But, it wasn't meant to be and I soon came to see that I wanted another house rabbit. I have the room in my home, the finances, and the emotional ability to care for a second bunny (in addition to my other pets). When things fell through with the rescue, I was upset. I knew then that I needed to find another bunny. And, today, I did!

I began contacting individuals last week when things didn't work out with the rescue rabbit. I knew that I wanted to adopt and, unfortunately, the shelters in the area had no rabbits (they do take buns in, but they seem to do so in spurts). Then, I saw an ad on FB - one of my friend's friends had a bunny who gave birth a couple months ago. It was an "oops" litter that wasn't expected. She had adopted the rabbit from someone else and that person didn't realize that a bunny younger than 6 months old could become pregnant. The previous owner had let separate litters play with one another. They played, all right, and a surprise litter was born while in her new home. My friend's friend had found homes for all of the babies except the one that she was planning on keeping. Well, all was good. However, one of the new owners brought the bunny they adopted back. Her reasoning? Her children decided they'd rather have a dog! Knowing that she wasn't prepared to keep a third rabbit, a post was put up on FB asking if anyone was interested in adopting a young bunny. My friend shared the post in order to get the word out. And, well, the rest is history.

I brought Oliver home this evening. He is a male (presumed, you know how that gender fairy is :upsidedown:) mini rex. He's right around 10-11 weeks old. I am not well-versed in color varieties of rex rabbits, but he has a broken pattern. His coloring is "brown" which can mean any number of things. I will do some further investigating tomorrow. He is fearful in his new environment, but is as sweet as can be. And, I've got a feeling he has a naughty streak considering how curious he was in the car! But, for now, I am resisting the urge to cuddle and play with him because I know he has to acclimate to his new home. And, that means no pictures for tonight. Don't worry, though, there will be plenty once I get the camera out tomorrow evening after work!

I am so happy. In time, I would like to try bonding Oliver to Emmet. But, that will likely be after he is neutered. I'm intending to take it slow and I am prepared should they never bond. But, we will see - I don't have to have all of the answers tonight. I'm just thrilled to have my new baby home. And, even though Emmet doesn't know about Oliver yet (I told him, but they're in separate rooms right now - quarantine and all that), I think he's pretty happy too! You know, it's funny how things play out. Here I was, unsure as to whether I wanted a second bunny. And, now, my family is complete. I may have given a rabbit in need a loving home, but I am the one who is lucky.

Welcome home, Oliver. Thank you for finding your way to my heart...

I'm so excited for you! He sounds like such a great little boy. It's great that things worked out in the end, I look forward to seeing pictures. Without having seem him, my guess on the white with brown is a broken castor.

Latest posts

Back