Wondering what breed is my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buggsie

Reaction score
When I bought it they said he was pure Netherland dwarf but his ears seemed to be bigger? Help 😄ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408322574.657632.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408322655.657392.jpg he's only tiny he weights half a kilo 😁

Last edited:
He is a cutie!! Definitely full dwarf with those ears, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

He's the cutest little fluffy ball ! Yeah that's what I though 😅😅 ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408323338.259022.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408323440.840308.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408323511.792029.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408323731.781890.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408323824.509376.jpg here are more pics of my fluffy ball 🐰☺️

Also wondering how big he may get. Not that i care about his size ! Just wondering ! Thanks

What a cutie :) For an idea of adult size/weight, from 3 months to full grown, Bandit doubled in weight -not necessarily in size, he still grew, but he also filled out more.

I have two netherland agouti dwarf mixes... ears can be bigger or small from what I've seen from both of my guys, brother and sister.
No matter what your bunny is cute!

Vanessa

PS Did you get your bunny from a breeder? Did they give you that info?

Naw thats good to hear then! I got buggsie from a petshop and from what i was told, the parents are pure netherlands. But im not sure if that is the truth as i didnt see them.. I just fell inlove with buggsie !

How big have your 2 bunnies got to! Thanks :)

He is so cute! Looks to be a mix but definitely netherland influence. Perhaps 3/4?

It's difficult to know for sure without seeing the parents or having a pedigree in hand. He could very well be a purebred Netherland Dwarf. Show dwarfs have short, stocky bodies with big wide heads and tiny ears. However, not all rabbits that are produced fit a show standard. And there are plenty of folks out there who aren't breeding to ANY standard, so ideal type can quickly disappear.

Your rabbit's head and ear shape remind me of a Jersey Wooly. Obviously he does not have wool, but he could be a Jersey Wooly mix. Or, as I mentioned before, he may even be pure Netherland Dwarf.

It's anyone's guess. :)

Naw thats good to hear then! I got buggsie from a petshop and from what i was told, the parents are pure netherlands. But im not sure if that is the truth as i didnt see them.. I just fell inlove with buggsie !

How big have your 2 bunnies got to! Thanks :)

Hi there mine have stayed pretty small. They are about 2 and a half pounds..
but you never know. Buggsie is so cute I would think it wouldn't matter if he got a bit bigger! Take him to the vets asap however and get him checked out. Some of these pet stores don't always take the best care of their bunnies, so that is the first thing I would do and do that with all my bunnies!

Good luck and keep us posted with your adventures with this cutie!

Vanessa

Thanks Vanessa! Yes we went to the vet the day after i purchased buggsie! :)

I shall keep you all posted!

NOT definitely a dwarf.

Could be a variety of things.

1. a rabbit with health issues who stopped growing.. when that happens the ears keep going but the body slows right down.
2. could be a rather young rabbit of a bigger breed.
3. could be a mix of breeds where adult size will be undetermined. Big ears tend to indicate a rabbit who will grow somewhat larger.

Time will tell.
If you love him, does it really matter in the end? :)

so adorable omg!! :D Sorry I don't know much about breeds but she's so cute! And I LOVE your nails :D

Thank you ☺️☺️💜

Baggsie 🐰

I need help can someone explain why buggsies ear fall down? 🐰😭 is he sick I dunno help please I woke up to feed him and this is what I found I'm worried is he a loopy ear dwarf? I don't know ? Ahhh! ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408923544.328782.jpg

Baggsie 🐰

Part lop would explain the whole big ear issue. Never trust a pet store! My two new buns the previous owners thought they were Netherland dwarfs because the told them they were dwarfs. But they both have manes and are definitely not just dwarfs. Some lop mixes have ears that are only halfway down like your buns. Once again... so adorable :D

Oh gosh ! Haha he looks too funny 😂😂 I'll wait and see if both ears drop or go back up! For now he looks happy he's running around a hopping 😁🐰 thank you !

Buggsie 🐰

Latest posts

Back