Indoor Housing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InternationalBunnies

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my 3 bunnies are currently living outside, however, I've been wanting to move them inside. The only thing is, they seem to stink up and make a total mess of their area, therefore, my parents are agreeing with the idea of housing them inside. Any thoughts? Does anyone else have this problem?

If you can get them litter trained it will certainly help, also bunnies that are desexed (particularly the boys) can smell less than non-desexed bunnies and are less inclined to spray urine etc. Lots of bunnies like to make messes of their enclosures by throwing hay etc around, but as long as they're pooping/peeing in a litter tray which you clean regularly, you shouldn't have a problem with smell.

If you're concerned about mess falling out the sides of an indoor cage, you can ziptie coreflute (it's like corrugated cardboard, but made of plastic) to the outside of the cage around the bottom to keep the mess inside. :)

If they are litter trained, (which is simple to do) and you clean their litter box regularly, then there will be no smell :) I've had my bunny inside for 6 months now and there is no smell. Even my friends were surprised. I also keep a frebreeze plug in on the other side of the room which makes the room smell nice. I take it out every night so it doesn't upset my bunnies nose :)

Latest posts

Back