So nervous--tomorrow is the day!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunniless

Reaction score
Tomorrow I have an appointment at the shelter to discuss adopting a pair/trio and to meet potential bunnies. I'm so excited because I've been dying to pet a bunny for the last few weeks, and there are none to be found around here. But how will I know which ones to choose? What if I start crying about all the homeless hoppers that I can't adopt, and the shelter representatives deem me unsuitable for pet ownership?

I won't get to bring any buns home tomorrow, as the shelter doesn't do same-day adoptions (an effort to dissuade impulsive would-be adopters?), but I am still on the edge of my seat about it, ahhh!

XD me too, I'm always super nervous when I get a new animal. I'm going to chose a dog in three weeks and I'm pretty sure I will be nervous as hell. I've always wanted one but it will be my first. so, yeah, excited and scared.
When I went to get my first rabbit my hands were shaking and it was even worse when the little mite was home. I was in total panic mode like "what if she's ill and I can't tell?" "Why isn't she eating - oh my god, she hasn't been eating for two hours! She's going to die!" and checking everyfreakingthing she was doing on the Internet to be sure it was normal.
We're fine, in the end: that rabbit is turning 5 years old this week. I'm still embarrassingly panicky whenever I think she might be ill though (she got something strange on her nose one month ago and I totally thought it was a terrible reaction to her mixy vaccination but it turned out to be a mosquito bite).

You're gonna be ok! Some bunny/bunnies are going to be so lucky to have you! You are adopting, not shopping and that's so very, very commendable. My intention was to adopt, but I had a friend who breeds eLops offer Barry to me at the last minute, so when when it comes time for him to have a friend, she will without a doubt come from a rescue. Some things that might help would be some pictures of your setup and where you plan to keep your bunny. Also lots of photos of your dear departed furrbaby. It's not going to hurt for them to know that you had that baby for 9 years! You may even be an exception to the rule, so be set up just in case! If you cry, well that just goes to show that your heart is totally in the right place. The bunny/bunnies will choose you. :bunnyhug:

I don't think they would deem you unsuitable for pet ownership if you cried. It would just show that you were compassionate to all those sweet buns, and if that is grounds for a ban on pets for you, they're way too picky.

How fun to be getting new rabbits! I just love doing that. Buns are so sweet.

Latest posts

Back