gunk under eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoeejane

Reaction score
i just noticed this black gunk right below my bunnie's eye. how do i remove it and is it something worth worrying about?

IMG_0861.jpg

Could your rabbit have gotten a bite or cut there? Are you seeing any redness or inflammation around the eye, or does everything else look normal? How long do you think it has been there? I doubt it is something that can be removed as it looks like it is part of his skin

im not sure, hes an outdoor rabbit so he could have been bitten or scratched i guess. but everything else seems pretty normal.

It's hard to tell from the pic what it might be. If it is a cut, if there is no swelling, discharge and/or pus, irritation, eye bulging, and there is no cloudiness in the eye itself, then the skin may just heal on it's own. But if you see any of those and/or the eye worsens, or you are concerned about it, have it seen by a vet right away. If it is a cut, the eye itself could have been scratched, so may be a good idea to just take your bun in to get it checked out anyways.

Latest posts

Back