Treats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatkiidsean

Reaction score
Hey guys!

As some of you may know, I am getting my rabbit on Tuesday, and being that he will be 9 weeks old, what kind of treats should I be feeding him? How often should I feed the treats?

:duel

My bun's favorite treats include apple, applesauce, banana, raisins, crainsins, and a few different kinds of random fruit. I give him treats a couple times a week and give him a teaspoon each time.

What I heard was - 1 tsp for every two pounds of bunny

We just give fruit as treats. Ours loves apples, grapes, cherries, bananas....He only gets a small piece in the morning. He waits for it when I let him out. At night he gets a bowl of greens/herbs. I've never bought store treats..I figure fresh is better then anything processed.

Maybe Cheerios, my bun seems to like them
Cheerios are not healthy for bunnies. Stick with fresh herbs and green leafy veggies and just a teaspoon of fruit or carrot a day at the most.

My buns love most fruits and veggies. Someone on the forum said that Craisins are like bunny crack. They are not kidding. I give my buns a treat when they come out of their cage in the afternoon or evening, usually Craisins. I just moved into my new apartment and I give them their treats on the floor in the living room, next to the couch. Today, I let them out and then went to the bathroom. When I came out, they were both standing next to the couch waiting for me impatiently. As soon as I got close to them, they surrounded me. Two bunnies surrounded me. They started periscoping as soon as I had the bag of Craisins in my hand. They know the routine. I also give them greens. Their favorite, which is also nice and inexpensive, is cilantro. They go just as crazy for that as for Craisins. Anyway, as ILuvMyLilBuns said, wait a few weeks until they are old enough for treats. In the meantime, and after, give them toys. I found my boys love bird toys. My son, who lives with his dad now, has a bird, so we started with a couple toys he didn't like and they loved them. So, we found other bird toys they might like. They have been spoiled buns. I miss Freddy (the bird) already. Cardboard boxes are also a favorite. Bugsy and Groucho have not objected to all the moving boxes all over the apartment.

Latest posts

Back