Flemish giant some small issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenniferdavidson

JudeFlemishGiant
Reaction score
So Jude is 5 or 6 months old now and growing like a weed! She's awesome :)! I am having a few tiny issues though. So she lives outside in a 6 foot by 15 foot chainlink dog run. It has a little insulated dog house for her and tons of shade and blocking from the wind. I check on her three times a day and most days I can put her out in her x pen for some time in the grass in the backyard- so she still gets a ton of exercise and attention daily. The problem I'm having is that on hot days (like today which was 32 degrees celcius) I bring her inside into her extra large wire dog crate for the day until it's cool in the evening. Obviously she hates it! I don't really blame her because she has the huge run in the backyard that she loves, but its just too hot out there for her some days. What she does when I put her in th crate is pee and poopEVERYWHERE but her litterbox. Then, she proceeds to throw her food out of the crate. She basically turns into frump bunny and since shes a flemmie- it's like rabbit armageddon! Does anyone have any advice? She's only in the crate for about 5-6 hours and the weather is rarely too hot for her. Thanks everyone!

How big is the crate? Is it possible that you can have her free roam in a single room, rather than a crate? A laundry could be good if you have one of a decent size since there's generally not too much that a bunny can destroy in there if so inclined.

I'm not sure what else to suggest, bunnies that are set on destroying and having a temper tantrum, are very hard to dissuade.

I was thinking of putting her in the bathroom actually! There isn't anything she can get into and the floor is cement, so maybe she wouldn't pee and poop all over lol! She just loves her outside house :) I guess I'll just have to experiment with different rooms and figure out which she prefers haha! What a diva bunny! :)

Back