How to know if a cat attack/bitten my rabbit???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisIsARandomName

Reaction score
Okay so my mom bought a rabbit 5 years ago, It's mainly her rabbit, she don't let us touch it or pet it.. xD

It's been 2 months since we are renovating our house, our house is like half open. our rabbit usually stays in my room because it's the only room that is fully closed (By fully closed i mean no animal can come in it), from a week 2 cats (stray) Were barging in our house, they mostly come in night around 12:00 or 1:00 am when everyone's asleep, but today a big cat (she was very big) was sitting in our stairs, my mom noticed it when she was coming upstairs. The cat 'b ran away when it saw my mom but we're very scared, because the cat saw our rabbit. (my rabbit was playing near the stairs the good thing was; my mom was near him.) So my mom said the cat didn't came downstairs and when see saw the cat, my rabbit was already ran inside the living room and was hiding under our sofa. but i'm still concerned what if the cat bitten him; my mom said he's fine, i should stop worrying. 6 years ago one cat killed my rabbit. sadly he was only 5 months old and after that incidents we always took care of our rabbit and did everything to protect him. right now we can't help, the renovation is going to take more 1 or 2 months..

My question was how do you know if a cat have attack a rabbit? uh, my rabbit isn't bleeding or anything..

If it's a large cat then you should be able to keep it from coming inside your house again. You should figure out how these cats are getting inside and prevent them from coming in again.

Check your rabbit over carefully and look for any signs of blood or scratches. If you don't find anything, then the cat probably didn't get to your rabbit and he is ok. And just keep a close eye on him, and get him to a vet if he starts acting sick.

You'll want to keep your rabbit in a safe area until you are able to keep cats from getting in.

Back