what to get?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyliegp

Reaction score
Hey so some of you may have seen my baby cottontail thread. Well after having them I think I want to get a rabbit of my own that I wont have to release :D
I've narrowed it down to mini lops or french lops but don't know which to pick. I want something that is a pretty good size and more mellow and cuddly which I'm sure the french lops would be. I'm going to be making a c&c cage (I already have one for my guinea pigs). would 2x4 grids be enough for one mini lop? what would be a good size for the french?

Aww triller he's so cute :) I've looked into them but honestly I'm just so in love with lops hahah
It's nearly impossible to find mini lops around here but a breeder about an hour from me has an 18 month old male that's very cuddly and litter trained so as much as I'm tempted by the cuteness of the readily available little baby Hollands I think he's probably the best fit

If you are still looking I think a french lop would be a great choice. Before getting my mini lop mix I really looked into french lops and they are definitely more of a lazy cuddle pet compared to a mini lop. Mini or holland lops have alot of energy and would really prefer playing over cuddling.(The personalities really depend as well of course.) But one problem I ran into is it seems to be really hard to get french lops compared to the many breeders that have minis and hollands. one way to know if a cage is the right size is if the bunny can hop 3 times across both ways then it is big enough. 2 x4 grids sounds big enough for a holland or mini but a french lop probably needs 4 x 5 or bigger. Remember, the bigger the cage the better! :) Good luck finding the perfect bunny!

Thanks for the input everyone I ended up putting a deposit on an 18 month old male mini lop, breeder said he's very cuddly and is so neat with his bathroom habits they don't use bedding in his cage except in the litter box, ill be getting him next Thursday or Friday :) I would have loved a big squishy French lop but I don't think I really have the space

I just got a mini lop about 3 weeks ago, she is so lovable she wasn't all that hard to liter train it tool 3 weeks. She eats like a champ she is perfectly okay with being held loves to be pet and to interact with me. Except when it's time for her to go I bed she hides under my bed, she's so cute and has such a spunky personality, I hand feed her all the time. I think Mini Lops are such great bunnies. I would love to get another one after a while and if my mom can let me. It would be so much fun to have 2 so she can have a friend, they are not high maintenance at all! Team Mini Lop :)ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1406858573.220616.jpg

Latest posts

Back