Bunny doesn't like his toys?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miyumiyu

Reaction score
I've been scouring the internet for bunny toy ideas, and so far my Jingle's given lackluster reactions, at best, to anything I put down for him to play with. Most he just ignores.

I have one long wooden block bird toy hanging in his cage with a bell on the end that he ignores, I've tried toilet paper rolls (with and without hay) that he'll sometimes deign to nibble on, little wicker balls that he ignores completely, and an empty cardboard box that he sometimes nibbles but mostly ignores.

What am I doing wrong? Are there any other toys you'd recommend for a picky bunny? He mostly likes trying to chew the carpet (I'm attempting to train him out of it) and on the base of my papasan chair (ditto).

I have a rabbit that sound just like yours! He doesn't like any toys. But they don have to. Keep experimenting with the toys to find his favorite one. My rabbits favorite is where it a cylinder with sticks around it and a little wooden ball inside. He loves it!

~Breeding Quality Holland Lops Since 2012~

It does depend on the rabbit...

My one rabbit loves to toss and push things, so she gets toilet paper rolls, baby toys, balls with bells in them, etc etc.

Another rabbit I had, though, wasn't much interested in tossing things, but she would obsessively destroy things. I would give her a phone book and she would spend the rest of the week methodically annihilating it. She would literally paper the floor in pages.

My third rabbit, on the other hand, is generally uninterested in toys. He'll be very fussy about his litter box, and tear away at cardboard boxes, but that's about it. His enjoyment seems to come from exploring things--he starts showing boredom behaviours if he hasn't had anything new to explore in a while. I use cardboard boxes to create tunnels and mazes for him. My sister once got a hold of a very long, large box from a piano keyboard, and we literally made a maze inside it, with an opening on either end. The maze box, as we called it, lasted them nearly a year before they tired of it and started destroying it. They LOVED it, all three of them.

But in the case of your poor carpet and chair, I've found that once they start knawing on something it's nearly impossible to make them stop. The only solution for me is to give them something they CAN chew on. The edge of the one carpet that's been chewed now has boxes of pop cans sitting on top, which takes a lot of effort for them to move. The lazy boy chair they took a chunk out of is surrounded by a layer of cardboard they're allowed to chew. And I give them lots of other things they are allowed to destroy, like boxes and phonebooks

I made this for my buns and they both seemed to enjoy it .. You could try it. I cut up a toilet paper roll into loops, looped them all together and shoved snacks in it. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1407348918.427399.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1407348942.990785.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1407348972.513207.jpg

This idea is amazing! I will try!
My drawf Lisa have 3 months old and she don't destroy yet. She only wanna eat her food.
It's that normal or she will destroy things when she grow up?
And she is an explorer I think! I hope : )ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408132940.193431.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Rabbit Forum

This idea is amazing! I will try!
My drawf Lisa have 3 months old and she don't destroy yet. She only wanna eat her food.
It's that normal or she will destroy things when she grow up?
And she is an explorer I think! I hope : )View attachment 11890

She looks like my little 2 1/2 month old bun! So adorable :). She doesn't destroy anything either. My adult doe takes bites of things sometimes but just for a taste, doesn't destroy much either. She did chew the extension cord to my electric recliner though. So that doesn't work anymore....
:cry1:

Attachments

• attachssssssment.jpg
    attachssssssment.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 59
Well playing with toys would mean that MR LAZY would actually have to get up from sleeping :sleep: or laying around to play LOL. Twigs doesn't play with anything. He'll EAT things like boxes and wicker balls but not play with them. The only thing he'll toss around is if we make a t-paper ball like Leki01 showed and put a papaya or banana chip in it. Then he'll toss and dig at it like crazy until he gets the food and eat and go lay back down. Like I said lazy lol. He does do his bunny 500 every morning and night so he does get some exercise.

Lexi 01!
Ahhaha it's like Lisa ! So cute!
Wow! The cable is dangerous : /
But if it's not working you can repair and change for a new one!
ByeImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1408211282.676365.jpg

Back