Gassy bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bittybunny_harper

Reaction score
My bun isn't making a toot sound, but boy does she have stinky gas. She had some greens and some grass outside. Pee-yew.

I gave her mylicon drops.

Also she is eating and pottying like usual, and is her active and curious self still. She got lots of snuggles tonight as I pet her and she napped.

Gas in rabbits can be dangerous, as it can cause them to stop eating. So you'll want to keep a close eye on her and make sure she continues eating, drinking, and pooping, or you may need to get her into a vet.

What makes you think she has gas besides the smell? The strong smell may be due to improperly formed cecotropes, due to a diet issue. Unformed or semiformed cecotropes can have a very strong smell.

Last edited:
Its probably not a good sign if they have stinky gas because good healthy gut flora wouldn't create stinky gas, so it could be a sign of an overgrowth of bad bacteria in his gut. I would pick up some Bene-bac probiotics from the pets store and encourage water drinking and hay eating to clean out his system, so reduce his pellets so he will eat more hay for a couple of days.

Back