New Rabbit Owner~

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miyumiyu

Reaction score
Hello! I'm Jenny, and I'm new to the forum as well as the fine art of bunny-rearing. I recently acquired my first ever rabbit, a gorgeous little Flemish that I named Jinglebell. He's eight weeks old, playful, inquisitive, but also quite affectionate. He was hopping up to me and letting me pet him the first day I got him, when I hadn't been expecting him to even come near me for a week.

He's already started trying to boss my cat around. You can see him looking particularly disgruntled in one of the below pictures, because Jingle decided to take over his water dish. :)

Also, I was wondering if any of you bunny-savvy forum goers could tell me what color I'd classify his coat as? I've been wondering. Thanks~

2014-07-23%2014.19.30.jpg

2014-07-25%2022.19.56.jpg

4438746.jpg

48348444.jpg

The cage you see pictured is only a temp cage, of course. I'm working on designing him a nice big one where his future giant self can run around. <3

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure his color is Steel Gray.

The Steel is probably one of the most beautiful and striking varieties of the Flemish Giant. Along with that, comes the fact that it is one of the most difficult colors as well. The bodies don't seem to be hard to come by, but the color is a rarity in itself. And unlike steels in other varieties, Flemish steels are to have white bellies.
A good steel will be black all over with the very tips of the guard hairs ticked with silver or gray. There cannot be any ring colorations at all.

Thank you, I adore him! :)

And thanks for the color advice as well. I was thinking maybe something along those lines. I think it looks nice on him.

You is a cute bunny Jinglebell welcome to da forum, and don't forgets to train dat mummy and meow of yours over wise day trains you and we bunnies own da house not dem!

~Shida (and Shell)

Latest posts

Back