humping bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamsterdance

Reaction score
I have a female bunny who is about 6 months old. I'm unable to spay her at the moment because she is on antibiotics fighting pastuerella (and seems to be winning thank god!) and after talking to her vet we decided to wait...afterwords I am planning on getting her fixed ASAP. in the meantime this afternoon she discovered my stuffed panda that I sleep with on my bed and started humping it like crazy. I know this is normal, but ever since it's been like a trigger and now she tried humping me, and the panda every chance she gets. I gave her a different one to calm her down and she's been fine.
I have heard of putting stuffed animals in the cage for hormonal rabbits, but she likes to pull the fur out... my question is would it be safe to keep it in by her? or should she have erm "supervised" fun time?
thanks!

Since she's tearing it's fur out I'd say supervised only. The urge to hump won't kill her while she's in her cage w/o it, so better to be safe than sorry and have her ingesting a lot of the fibers ;)

Latest posts

Back