Newly neutered

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acdcfan23

Reaction score
What should i watch for and whats normal in a newly neutered bun? Im making sure he's not chewing on it. Now he's grooming with the occasional squeak noise and he's drinking (hasn't ate yet he's only been home an hour) he's also and outside bunny but i put him in my basement for now so its probably a bit strange.

Reposted from another thread.

"Keep her warm, as anesthesia will lower their body temp. Keep encouraging her to eat. With my buns, their usual leafy greens were the first thing they would eat. If your bun isn't eating or not eating much by morning, give your vet a call as you will probably need to start syringe feeding. I don't usually wait til then though, as I get nervous about them not eating that night and will start to syringe feed if they haven't eaten anything at all. Keep a close eye on the incision and if your bun seems too interested in grooming the area, as you don't want any chewing of the incision going on. And restrict her area and activity for at least 7-10 days, as this is an invasive surgery and you don't want her getting too active and pulling any sutures open before they have had a chance to heal."

Same would apply to your boy bun, though he may not need to be confined for as long as a girl bun. If your vet gave you a specific amount of days, follow that. Also, if he isn't eating by morning, call your vet and also ask about picking up some meloxicam, as he may be experiencing some pain and that is why he isn't eating yet.

Gave him some leaves from the yard (planton) and some alfalfa hay and he's gobbling it down! I feel netter seeing him eat some :)

Latest posts

Back