Should I get my rabbit desexed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylovin1093

Reaction score
Hi so soon I"m going to be getting a rabbit. I have found a bunny I love and we went to meet him yesterday. He was very placid, relaxed and calm and was quiet and nice when I held him for about 20 minutes. He was also friendly and inquisitive when I went up to him. He hopped straight in front of me to sniff me and check me out. He will be 1 in about August and he is not yet desexed. He is going to be an outdoor bun and an only baby. Do you think I should get him neutered even though he is already very calm and friendly?

YEP.
I got my Boomer neutered just 2 weeks ago.
He is an indoor bunny and the only bunny and VERY friendly and sweet. And i want to keep him that way !
Do some research and read all the pros and cons of desexing. you will find for all the pros for desexing outweigh the cons. It is all personal choice in the end.

Yep, neutering overall seems to make every pet just a little bit better. It will help with issues like spraying which isn't fun at all. :)

My bunny is a Unaltered male of 1 yr, He doesn't Spray, no territory issues, no aggression.. He is the same as he was when we first got him sweet, gentle and nothing bothers him. So desexing is a personal choice.

Latest posts

Back