Iceburg lettuce and diarrhea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acdcfan23

Reaction score
My bunny was given iceberg lettuce yesterday now has diarrhea! Is there anything i can go in so scared. My mom gave her the lettuce and i never realized what it was. I would never give her iceberg!!! :,(

I would stay away from greens for a while, and try to concentrate on making sure she's eating hay to get it out of her system. Make sure fresh water is available for her, too. If it doesn't go away shortly, I'd take her to a vet just to get the all clear.

:pray:

I just got a hold of my vet and they said to cut off from pellets and give her only hay for a few days. And give her kaopectate.

Does she have actual profuse watery diarrhea that is soaking her bottom, is it just a little splat, or is it just soft mushy poop? Is her behavior normal, eating and drinking and acting normal, or has she stopped eating or not eating very much, and is she lethargic at all and not wanting to move around?

Does she have actual profuse watery diarrhea that is soaking her bottom, is it just a little splat, or is it just soft mushy poop? Is her behavior normal, eating and drinking and acting normal, or has she stopped eating or not eating very much, and is she lethargic at all and not wanting to move around?

Its like really runny poo not on her butt or any thing and shes totally normal eatin and drinking. The ver said to take out her pellets and keep her on strait hay for a few days and its already starting to work her poo getting harder like it should.

I'm so glad the hay is helping and she is doing better!:D

Latest posts

Back