What should I name my soon to be rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylovin1093

Reaction score
Hi soon I'm getting a bunny and I just am so excited right now because I have found a gorgeous bunny FREE to a good home with his hutch, water bottle and food bowl. His name at the moment is Peter rabbit but I would like to call him something a bit cuter. We went to meet him today and he is so sweet. he's not at all shy he came right up and sniffed me when I went up to him. I held him as well and he was very calm and relaxed. He is brown with speckles of grey and white. I'm going to the pet store this week to get some bunny supplies cause we're going to go get him next weekend. I know it is best to get a rabbit from a shelter but he will end up in a shelter if he doesn't find a home before the 2nd of August. The girl giving him away did not intend to get him and because she runs a massage studio she does not have the time to care for him properly. She only has him because a friend who has lots of rabbits was selling a litter of babies including him but no one wanted him because he was a different colour to the rest . So she ended up with him and she also has two other rabbits. Any ideas on a name for him? :/ ?

Congrats on the upcoming bunny! I'd help you with the name, but my rabbits just have boring plain human names :rofl: The only thing coming to my mind is Speckles, sorry. There are some really creative name givers on RO though, so I'm sure someone will be able to help you :bunnyheart

My rabbits are named after a cartoon and book character (Felix), and a game character (Clementine); my guinea pig is named after a comic/game character (Bigby). Are there any cute names that have stuck out from a book you've read, or a show or movie you've seen? I get a lot of name inspiration from those kinds of things. :)

I have used names from Egyptian, Greek, and Viking mythology, movies, books and google translate lol so I have had Loki, Dante, Nimbus, Mischief, Bailey (rats), and Shida (bunny) Shida means trouble in Swahili but she nearly got named Athena. You could also go with Benjamin Bunny or Peter Rabbit if you wanted.

Hi thanks for the reply's. I am currently considering a few names. Here they are: Smiggle, Truffle, Disco and Bambi. Which do you guys think is the cutest?

Hi so I have decided to call my bunny Bambi! We're going to get him tommorow. I'm so excited! :biggrin2:. I will upload photos and do an introductions thread soon.

Hi so I have decided to call my bunny Bambi! We're going to get him tommorow. I'm so excited! :biggrin2:. I will upload photos and do an introductions thread soon.

My names come from my fave books or tv shows/ movies I love like for instance I have a hamster named Zaboo and that name is from the guild on netflix.
Do you have fave books or movies that have names you really like?
And welcome to the forum and good luck with bun, can't wait to see pics of bunny

Latest posts

Back